Saturday, November 12, 2011

Whirlwind Trip to Delaware

I am sitting in the Charlotte, NC airport enjoying a blue moon and a burger before my flight home. Perfect hangover meal! What a whirlwind trip! I arrived in Philly last night at 7 pm after riding two airplanes. Once I completed my superman quick change in the airport bathroom, it was into the town car headed to Wilmington. The reason for my trip north was to support my Mom and Doug's new organization, Foundation 11. 11-11-11 was to be their first fundraising event supporting Be Positive, an organization dedicated to raising funds for childhood cancer. When I learned about the event, I decided right away that I wanted to attend and be a part of the night. I also decided I wanted my attendance to be a surprise. After much planning and many secrets I was able to completely surprise my mom! The event was great! I had a blast, saw so many of my friends, and supported a great cause! Through the generosity of those who attended, Foundation 11 was able to raise a lot of money towards children with cancer. It definitely made my 7 hour travels, two days in a row, worth while. After all, the look on my moms face was priceless!!!

Even though I had so much fun, I am sooo excited to get home to Marco Island and my 3 loves waiting for me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment