Sunday, November 6, 2011

In loving memory....

Next week marks the anniversary of my Nanny's death. This past July marked the one year anniversary of my Poppop's death. I still have such a hard time believing that they are gone. I often forget. They both have been on my mind a lot today since I woke up. Just thinking of the 2 of them brings a big smile to my face. Some of the happiest memories I have as a child are at their house. It was always a bright, warm, happy place. I always felt so welcome there. The sounds of Nanny ironing as she whistled along to her radio playing, or baking in the ktichen and Poppop either watching tv in his den or sitting at the kitchen table doing his "paperwork." I loved having sleepover's at their house complete with the bed time ice cream cone and made from scratch waffles for breakfast.

I know Nanny and Poppop watch over us every day. There are so may things that remind me of them every day. Every time I look into my children's big eyes, I see my Nanny.

Love and miss them every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment