Thursday, November 17, 2011

Happy Birthday to the Big Guy!

When S was born, his nickname quickly became "The Big Guy". He was always tiny so I'm not sure how it came about, but it has stuck. And now my Big Guy is quickly becoming a Big Guy!! He turned 1 yesterday. It was very bittersweet for me. I know he will be our last baby, and although I do not want another, it is still sad to think I will never have an infant again.

S was a high maintenance baby, and he still is at times. He cried a lot, and Mike and I found ourselves wishing for him to grow up so that he would just stop crying! Now I look back and can't believe how fast it went by. The sleepless nights and constant holding were torturous at the time (especially with an attention craving 2 year old), but now I think it wasn't so bad.

My sweet little boy holds a special place in my heart. There is something about a Mommy and her son. It is not that he is my favorite, but we have a different type of bond. I find myself babying him more then I did when L was an infant. When I pick him up and he lays his head on my shoulder, my heart melts and I wish I could press pause.

Happy Birthday Big Guy, I love you so much!!!!

Here are some pictures of S over the past year......



























2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how amazing it is being blessed with he and his sister. They are the best thing that could happen to ANYONE! Thank you Molly for our beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete