Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What's been going on....

It's been a while since I've written. We have been super busy, which I guess is a good thing. L is in school every day until 12. It has been really hard because she cries every morning when we drop her off. I know she is fine once I leave, but it has been really tough on me. She is always really happy when I pick her up, so I think she is really just putting on a show for us!

L has been going through an interesting phase lately. Let's just say her listening skills aren't the keenest. She acts up every day at nap and bed time (because it's a big shocker that we sleep and we haven't been napping or going to bed EVERY night for the past 3 1/2 years!!!) and has been coming in our room at night. When we don't let her in our bed, she often sleeps on the rug outside our door! Oy this girl is driving us crazy!!!!

Picture day at school. Don't let the cute face fool you.....ooooh the attitude!


S is walking like crazy and been a really good boy! Most of the time. He can be moody but has really gotten into a routine and is a happy boy. He will be 11 months old in 4 days! Which means he will be 1 in just a little over a month!!! I can't believe it! Where did this year go??? I wish I was planning one of my famous birthday bashes for his 1st birthday, but since we don't know many people, it is just a small party this year, Luckily my family will be in town to help us celebrate!! We are having a whale themed party! We are so excited to see everyone!

The big guy....he is such a brute!!!

It seems like there is always something going on here on the Island. This past weekend there was a carnival. The kids had a great time and it was nice for us to meet some local people. We saw a lot of families from L's school so it was nice to meet them. This weekend there is a pumpkin festival, there is a halloween festival next weekend and a music festival the following weekend! Seems like there is always so much to do!

Mike has been fishing a lot and bringing home dinner! He and L love to fish off of the dock. Lola fell in last weekend while fishing!! I have to say it was quite hilarious! I missed the actual fall, but Mike and Lola showed up at the back door soaking wet and I just had to laugh imagining the entire scenario. Lola fell backwards into the water, and luckily swam right up to the top. Mike jumped in after her but was unable to pull them up onto the dock. He had to swim with L on his back around to the ladder and climb out. Once they got to the ladder, he realized that she had never dropped her fishing pole! Apparently L was screaming and he was calling for me the whole time. Jonnie and I were busy watching tv and didn't hear, but had to laugh hysterically when Mike told us! L did great though!

I'll try to write again tomorrow, because I am tired!!!
UNTIL NEXT TIME.....Good night!
-M


No comments:

Post a Comment